The #DearMe concept…
I occasionally sit on Twitter during work and besides a few UberFact retweets, my retention span is usually pretty low and I hardly click through. Seeing the #DearMe tag on my feed sparked a little interest, I have always found letters to yourself helpful (doh) – what selfish act are they asking me to do now? Tell myself I deserve those shoes or I am better than the prick I am dating? #Pass. I was not ready for the “Write to my younger self” concept, this is interesting. After reading the write-up on Elle Magazines site, I decided a video might spark a drinking game of “drink every F-bomb” so I thought a written format would be more appropriate.
Ya’ll ready for this…?
#DearMe – my younger self…
– You’re an absolute dick. Stop with the whine in your tone, hold back on the eyeshadow and stop over plucking your brows.
– Being the drunkest in the room is not an achievement.
– You don’t need a boyfriend to have an identity.
– Admit that you absolutely hate the cool crowd. Hang out with people that enrich your life.
– It’s alright to admit your actual dress-size.
– You can have a career besides professional sportswoman, despite what your teachers say.
– You are not defined by labels, you are only confining yourself.
– Moving to London at 19 with no skills or work experience is going to be the hardest thing you will ever go through – but it will change your life.
– You are not going to fit in when you move to Dubai (but you already knew that) – experience it anyway, your best friends are waiting for you.
– Thailand will make you discover who you really are and what you actually give a shit about.
– Working for an NGO will not end your career… but give birth to what you are actually meant to do.
– Stop hating your hometown, it’s where you’re from – not who you are.
Be safe lil weirdo,