Thought I’d died, didn’t you? Did you think the sugar-free diet life got the better of me and I succumbed to the demons and perished in a blur of health? I’m alive!
If you want to know how my first few days went, then please check out my previous blog post because today I will be going through my first full week! Now, as I mentioned in my previous post, I gave up both sugar and caffeine last week Monday and the first couple of days were HELL! The cravings were unreal (I go into comical detail in my post) and I honestly thought I would crack before the week was up!
My first week on a Sugar-free Diet:
Day 3: 7am
I wake up and I don’t want to kill myself… this is progress.
Have mild ache for sugar-loving, but nothing I can’t handle. It’s more like the dull urge to listen to a Nickelback song just so I can declare my dislike for them. A short distraction before moving on with my day.
Yay supper! Wait… do my taste buds deceive me? Are they enjoying the taste of normal food? Very happy with progress. Smug as fuck.
Day 4: 6am
What the actual fuck am I doing awake at 6am? Didn’t even know the sun was up at this time. Why am I not groggy and morbidly unattractive? Feel awake and happy. At 6am? Very worried about self and sanity. Must investigate further.
I am craving an apple. Insanity confirmed.
Two hours of yoga done. Energy for days and no signs of a headache. Must not get optimistic as memory of pain and despair is still fresh.
Day 5-7: 6am
6am you little blue-eyed fucker you look wonderful!!!!
I am going to sound like one of those infomercials but I don’t care, I feel great! Serious energy, I’m only sleeping 7 hours instead of my usual 8 and that’s more than enough. My cravings are all but gone and I actually love the taste of my healthy food.
I’m not saying I won’t have a chocolate after my trip to India, but I prefer how my body feels without caffeine and sugar!
My final tips on a Sugar-free Diet:
- Find sugar-free diet ‘treats’ that you enjoy, for me, that’s apples with sugar-free/salt-free peanut butter or bananas and the same peanut butter blended together with ice
- Drink two glasses of water before you eat anything in the morning. Your body is going to want caffeine and sugar in the morning, but it’s actually just extremely dehydrated!
- Make your own drinks! The hardest part for me was that I couldn’t order anything to drink besides water at a restaurant… I’m not one for hot tea but I love me some iced tea so I made my own. 3X buchu detoxing tea bags with half a squeezed lemon and ginger in a big jug and allow it to sit for 24 hours before drinking it. YUMMY!
- Try doing some exercise every single day for that first week even if it’s a reduced amount in comparison with your normal regime
- Do not drink any alcohol for the first week… if you can! We don’t judge on this blog
Please understand that everybody is made differently and not everyone will react the same way I did in my first week on a sugar-free diet!
If you have any questions – drop them in the comments below…